"When you meet someone who tries their hardest to stick by you regardless of how difficult you are, keep them. Keep them at all costs because finding someone who cares enough to look past your flaws isn’t something that happens every day."
Midnight Thoughts (I got lucky with you)
hands down the best scene from any movie ever ever
I remember being a little ass kid and still appreciating how awesome this seen is and cracking up.
You are allowed to grieve the years you lost to mental illness. You’re allowed to be mad that it happened to you. You’re allowed to pine after the person you might have been had it been different. But don’t let that get in the way of your growing into your new self and following a wholly new path for your life.
Sometimes you have to take photos of your butt, back, and biceps to make yoself feel better.
"1) Learn to put on your bracelets and zip up your dresses by yourself. There will be times when you will be alone.
2) Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6) That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10) Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough."
Anonymous said: You need to get everything out and finally face what's bothering you. Make a post about what's really causing these feels, get it out in the open for yourself, confront the shit out of them get it over with.
Feels usually happen once every 2-3 weeks for me. I don’t know why they come. I just want them to go away when they do come. When they come, it makes me aware of just how unprepared I am for a relationship. I received a comment earlier this week on my Instagram saying “you’re still single, mindblown.” Part of me takes it as a compliment because he is saying “wao, u a catch.” The other part of me says “well, if I’m such a fucking catch, why the fuck haven’t I met someone who is worth my time.” I’m pissed, I’m frustrated, I’m upset because all I want to be is held and loved right now. I don’t know why relationship feels hit home so much. I just want to rip 255 off the floor tomorrow. I want to fucking yell, I want to scream, I’m beyond angry that these feels are still happening. They need to get the fuck off my back because I don’t have time for them because I’m trying to be my best self and feels make me feel like I’m not. My mind hurts, I just want to sleep. K I’m done.
Tell me again heavy lifting makes you manly…
But women can never be careful enough, can we? If we take naked pictures of ourselves, we’re asking for it. If someone can manage to hack into our accounts, we’re asking for it. If we’re not wearing anti-rape nail polish, we’re asking for it. If we don’t take self-defence classes, we’re asking for it. If we get drunk, we’re asking for it. If our skirts are too short, we’re asking for it. If we pass out at a party, we’re asking for it. If we are not hyper-vigilant every single fucking second of every single fucking day, we are asking for it. Even when we are hyper-vigilant, we’re still asking for it. The fact that we exist is asking for it.
This is what rape culture looks like.
This is what misogyny looks like."